Policy for Use of Personal Data
Statement of Policy
Hong Kong Squash (“HKS” or “We”) respects and protects your privacy. We, HKS, undertake to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486, the Laws of Hong Kong) in order to ensure that your personal data are properly handled, as outlined herein below:
1. Personal data shall be collected by lawful and fair means and can only be used for lawful purposes directly related to the services and activities of the HKS.
2. The data collected should be necessary, adequate but not excessive in relation to its purposes.
3. Unless prior consent has been obtained from the data subject, the personal data should only be used, disclosed or transferred for the purposes of such collection.
4. All reasonably practicable steps should be taken to ensure that personal data collected or retained are accurate for the purposes for which they are used.
5. All reasonably practicable steps should be taken to ensure that personal data held are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
6. The data subject is entitled to request access to and the correction of respective personal data. The HKS may refuse such request subject to the provisions and exemptions of the Ordinance.
Statement of Practices
1. Kinds of Personal Data Collected and Held
HKS collects and holds the following broad categories of personal data in discharge of our services, activities and functions:-
Type of personal data collected by HKS may include:-
You are not obliged to provide the personal data, but if you do not, your request or application may not be processed and/or our services or features (whichever applicable) may not be available to you.
2. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal data collected from you may be used by the HKS for:-
If you are a minor, you must ask your parents or guardian before providing any personal data to us.
HKS will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential but for any one or more purposes named in paragraph 2 above, we may transfer/ assign your personal data or exchange such data with any of the following parties irrespective of whether such parties are located inside or outside Hong Kong:
Unless expressly stated in this statement or with your prior consent, personal data collected from you will not be disclosed to any third party other than the above named parties.
HKS defines and implements the appropriate technical and organizational measures necessary to maintain the security of personal data according to the nature of the personal data handled/ processed and the circumstances of the handling/ processing, with the objective of avoiding non-authorized or unlawful processing or access, its alteration and/or loss. Except as mentioned in paragraph 4 above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorized to do so and are under a duty of confidentiality to us. Such authorized personnel or contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so in accordance with this statement.
6. Retention of Personal Data
We will periodically redact, purge, anonymize or destroy unnecessary personal data in our system in accordance with our internal procedures.
7. Data Access/ Correction Requests
Requests for access to and correction of personal data held by the HKS can be made in writing by email to:
Personal Data Privacy Officer
Hong Kong Squash
When handling a data access or correction request, HKS will check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person legally entitled to make the data access or correction request.
HKS is required to respond to your requests within 21 days and we will endeavor to do so wherever possible, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so. A reasonable charge will be levied to cover the costs for data access or correction or any additional copy requested. The charge is subject to revision from time to time.
In the event that there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of this statement, the English version shall prevail.
For any enquiries in relation to this policy, please email us at: email@example.com.
Personal Information Collection Statement